Everyday people like you visit our website and we want to help you understand the data that we collect from you and how we use it, and how you can control this information while using our services.
Some key things to know
- our websites, like recipes.co.nz, beeflambnz.co.nz, and thechefskitchen.co.nz
- our email newsletters
- becoming a recipes.co.nz Member and posting reviews, saving recipes, using the shopping cart functionality, and using the meal planner, pantry-ready recipes
- where you are a participant of an event managed by Beef + Lamb Inc
2.We aim to explain the rights and choices you have in relation to personal information that we collect and process about you.
3.Information you post on our website will be publicly available for use by us.
Privacy law in New Zealand
Both the use and security of personal information gathered by Beef + Lamb New Zealand Inc in respect of any of our functions or activities is managed in accordance with our information management policy and in compliance with the New Zealand Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 2020 (the Privacy Act).
What data do we collect?
Data provided by you: You may browse and access information contained within the website without providing any personal information.
However, where you voluntarily provide personal information (e.g., through submitting an online form, entering a competition, subscribing to a newsletter, or signing up as a member), we will only use that information to communicate with you. We will keep any such information secure and will not disclose it to any third parties.
We may collect, store and process data, including personal information provided by you when accessing or using our websites such as:
- Information collected from you: personal information provided by you when you interact with us, such as when you sign up or register to use our services, information you provide to us through customer surveys or competitions, or directly to our representatives from time to time.
- Information disclosed by you: we offer the recipes.co.nz Members the ability to post recipe content and reviews publicly. We and others may read, collect, and use any personal information when you choose to post information on one of our websites.
Data created by using our services:
We may collect, store and process data when you are using our websites such as:
- Device and location information: we may also collect anonymous data (which is not personal information) relating to your activity on our websites and mobile applications (including your IP address, your location, your operating system, your browser, your device language, the URLs of any pages you visit on our sites and apps, device identifiers, advertising identifiers, and other usage information), aggregated data. More information is detailed in our Cookies Policy and Targeting and Tracking Policy below.
- Usage information: anonymous information collected through cookies and other tracking software. More information is detailed in our Cookies Policy and Targeting and Tracking Policy.
We may combine the data received from these sources with data in our control.
How do we use the data that we collect?
We use, store and process information about you for the following purposes:
1.To provide you our products and services, such as:
- making recipes.co.nz services or products (such as our meal planner or shopping function) available to you
- arranging access to your account, and allowing you to personalise your account
- providing you with recipe information or advice
- providing you with targeted and relevant recipe information.
2.For marketing, such as:
- to market our services and products.
3.To allow you to share content including where you make a publicly available recipe or review using our services.
4.When we carry out administrative tasks, such as:
- to manage and enhance our products and services, and to personalise and customise your experience
- to conduct competitions or promotions on behalf of Beef + Lamb New Zealand Inc and selected third parties
- to conduct business processing functions for operation of our websites or our business
- for our administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), promotional, planning, product/service development, quality control and research purposes
- to provide your updated personal information to our contractors or external service providers.
5.As required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act 2020).
6.With your consent.
How do we disclose your personal information?
Your personal information will not be shared, sold, rented, or disclosed. Where you voluntarily provide personal information (e.g., through submitting an online form, subscribing to a newsletter, or signing up as a member), we will only use that information to communicate with you. We will keep any such information secure and will not disclose it to any third parties unless required to help delivery our services.
We may disclose your personal information to contractors to help deliver our services. That will be shared as required by any law (including the Privacy Act 2020).
What happens if we cannot collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described in this policy, some or all the following may happen:
- We may not be able to provide you with the products or services you requested, either to the same standard, or at all (for example, if you do not register as a member of a website, you will not be able to access features or services that are reserved for members only)
- We may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful.
How long will we store data?
The duration we store information varies depending on the purpose for which we collected the data. We will only hold your personal information for as long as necessary in keeping with the Privacy Act 2020.
Beef + Lamb New Zealand Inc may retain certain user data if necessary or required by law after receiving an account deletion request or a subscription cancellation, such as to comply with our financial and tax requirements, and other legal requirements.
When we no longer require personal information, then we may delete or anonymise your data by deleting the identifying details.
Will your personal information be disclosed outside New Zealand?
Beef + Lamb New Zealand Inc is a registered New Zealand incorporated society, situated in Auckland, New Zealand.
We will not disclose personal information to overseas bodies other than what is described below. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of New Zealand, including the following:
- our data hosting and Cloud-based IT service providers.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access, including by means of firewalls, password access, secure servers and encryption of credit card transactions.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, please let us know immediately.
Managing personal information
You control the personal information that you share with us and the communications you receive from us. Importantly:
- you can access and correct your data at any time;
- for services that require an account, you can deactivate and delete your account;
- you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any privacy questions or concerns;
- you can unsubscribe from any emails or newsletters (excluding service notifications) by using the "unsubscribe" function provided in the email.
1.Access and correct your personal information
Under the Privacy Act 2020 you have rights of access and correction to any personal information we hold or process about you. You can contact us at any time using the Privacy Officer contact details below to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you or request a correction to that personal information. If we do not agree that there is a reason to amend your information, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with our decision.
When you are logged into your recipes.co.nz Member account, you can update your personal information and other account information using the account edit function at any time.
At any time, you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting the Privacy Officer using the contact details below or by using the opt-out facilities provided in the email sent to you (e.g. an unsubscribe link).
If you would like to delete your account or request that Beef + Lamb New Zealand Inc delete any other personal information we hold about you, please contact email@example.com or, where applicable, by using the account edit function provided.
If you request it, we will delete or anonymise your personal data so that it no longer identifies you, unless:
- we are legally required to maintain certain personal data, such as to meet our legal purposes;
- where you wish to continue receiving services from us.
3.Controlling the data we receive
You can control the information collected when using our online products and services by managing your browser or device settings. For more information please see our Cookies Policy and Targeting and Tracking Policy below.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
How will this policy change?
Please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Beef + Lamb New Zealand Inc
Post: PO Box 33 648, Takapuna, Auckland
This Cookies Policy explains how cookies and similar technologies are used when you visit a Beef + Lamb New Zealand Inc owned and operated website. This policy explains what these technologies are and why they are used, as well as your right to control their use.
We may change this Cookies Policy at any time. Any change in this Cookies Policy will become effective when we make the revised Cookies Policy available on or through a Beef + Lamb New Zealand Inc websites; recipes.co.nz, beeflambnz.co.nz, thechefskitchen.co.nz.
What is a cookie? When you access our website or apps, we may send a "cookie" (which is a small text file, which often contains a unique ID number) to your browser or device. This enables us to recognise your browser or device as the same user across one or more browsing sessions and across one or more of our sites. Cookies also enable us to:
- greet you each time you visit our website, without bothering you with a request to register or log-in.
- keep track of products or services you view, so that we can send you news about those products or services.
- measure traffic patterns, to determine which areas of our websites have been visited, and to measure transaction patterns in the aggregate. We use this to research our users' habits so that we can improve our online products and services.
- log IP addresses (the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, track user movements, and gather broad demographic information.
You can find a complete list of cookies used on our website below.
You can delete cookies by changing your privacy preferences in your internet browser. You also have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. Please note that some parts of the website will not function correctly if you disable cookies.
Our Website primarily uses the following four types of cookies:
Operationally Necessary Cookies
These are cookies that are essential for the functioning of the site or to perform tasks requested by the user. For example, cookies that enable you to access secure areas of the website. Simply put, they make it possible for you to browse and use our Website.
These cookies gather information about how visitors use the Website and monitor Website performance. For example, performance cookies tell us which pages are popular, monitor traffic to our Website and compile anonymous analytic information. Performance cookies can also be used to identify and remedy operational problems with the Website.
Are there cookies in emails?
Our emails contain cookies that track whether you open our emails and whether you click any links within them. The cookies used in our emails to monitor these behaviours are unique to each email and are not stored on your computer or mobile device. You can choose whether to receive cookies or not by changing your web browser settings. If you disable the cookies on your web browser some of the features may not work as intended.
Targeting and Tracking Policy
We collect data about your browsing activity on our websites and other services. One of the reasons we collect usage data is to improve your user experience and display targeted and relevant content on our websites. For that purpose, usage data is collected and assigned to one or more predefined categories (for example "dinner recipes"). If this infers a particular interest, a cookie is placed in your web browser which may determine the type of targeted advertising or content that you receive (see our Cookies Policy for more information).
Other reasons we may collect anonymous usage data include:
- to monitor the performance of advertising campaigns
- to audit, research, and analyse usage in order to maintain and improve our services, and to develop new services.
We will not collect usage data based on the following market segments (except where we have your prior written consent): racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; membership of a political association; religious beliefs or affiliations; philosophical beliefs; membership of a professional or trade association; membership of a trade union; sexual preferences or practices; criminal record; health information; or genetic information that is not otherwise health information.
We will not create categories designed to target children under the age of 13 years (however, this does not prevent us from marketing children's products to an adult audience).
Third party cookies: We do not allow third parties to place advertisements on our websites or access the personal information that you voluntarily provide (e.g., through submitting an online form, subscribing to a newsletter, or signing up as a member).
We do not permit advertisers to use any usage data obtained from our network to target advertisements or content to users off our network.
Retention: We will retain your information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Tracking and Targeting Policy unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law.
Security: We adhere to industry "best practice" for the storage of anonymous usage data. Security firewall, data encryption, and authorisation access are used to safeguard data held by us.
Contact us: For more information about this policy, or our tracking and targeting practices, or if you would like to make a complaint to us in connection with this policy, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete list of cookies used on our website below
Cookie name: s_ppv
Description: The cookie is used to store information about the vertical percentage of the page that has been displayed to the user. Duration: 30 minutes Type: Analytics
Cookie name: _ga
Description: This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors. Duration: 2 years Type: Analytics
Cookie name: _gid
Description: This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected includes the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visited in an anonymous form. Duration: 1 day Type: Analytics
Cookie name: _parsely_session
Description: This cookie is used to track the behaviour of a user within the current session. Duration: 30 minutes Type: Analytics
Cookie name: _parsely_visitor session
Description: This cookie stores an anonymous user identifier to determine whether a visitor has visited before, or if it’s a new visit. Duration: 1 year Type: Analytics
Cookie name: IDE
Description: Used by Google DoubleClick and stores information about how the user uses the website t before visiting the website. This is used to present users with ads that are relevant to them according to the user profile. Duration: 1 year Type: Advertisement
Cookie name: _gat_gtag_UA_1056754_1
Description: Google uses this cookie to distinguish users. Duration: 1 minute Type: Analytics