French Style Navarin of Lamb with Vegetables
Email to a Friend
Back Print Recipe Email to a Friend
- 6-8 Quality Mark lamb shoulder or neck chops
- Salt and freshly ground pepper for seasoning
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup white wine (optional – or use extra stock)
- 2 cups Campbell’s Real Stock - Salt Reduced Chicken
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 stick rosemary
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped400g can chopped tomatoes
- 250g baby carrots, peeled and topped
- 2 spring onions, cut into thirds
- 200g round green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup peas
- 300g baby potatoes, halved
Preheat the oven to 150°C.
Season the lamb with a little salt and pepper. Place the flour in a bag with the chops and toss to coat. Heat the butter over a high heat in a large ovenproof saucepan (or a regular pan then transfer to a casserole dish later). Sear the chops a few at a time to brown them on both sides. Set the chops aside. Add the tomato paste to the pan and cook for a few minutes on a high heat. Add the wine, if using and let it bubble up for 30 seconds. Add the stock, thyme, rosemary stick, bay leaves, garlic and the tomatoes. Transfer to an ovenproof dish, cover and cook in the oven for 2 1/2 hours (or transfer to a slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours).
Steam the vegetables until tender. Add a little oil, salt and pepper then toss to coat.
Serve the lamb stew in large bowls, topped with freshly steamed vegetables.
You have no recipes added.
Login or Join Us
to permanently save your recipes, receive monthly recipes to your email and win great prizes!